Catalyst 1-2. Writing from Reading
Steve Jones, Suzanne Kalbach
166 + 39 + 234 + 21
pdf, wma (128 kbps)
Интересный и понятный курс английского языка
Connecting students' everyday experiences to different academic disciplines, Catalyst uses a variety of readings as a springboard for writing.
* Compelling readings on topics such as personalities, the meaning of art, the history of architecture, and the role of sports engage students and act as a catalyst for writing.
* A balanced approach to writing guides students through the writing process and teaches them the mechanics of good writing.
* Grammar explanations and exercises woven throughout each chapter help students express their ideas more clearly.
* Vocabulary exercises introduce high-frequency words students need in their daily lives plus words from the Academic Word List students will encounter in college.
* Assessment CD-ROM with ExamView test-generating software allows instructors to create quizzes and tests quickly and easily.
Catalyst 1. Table of contents:
1. Writing About Yourself
2. Family Pressures
3. The Power of Murals
4. New Life for Cities
5. A Sense of Place
6. Living Without Fear
7. Paved with Gold?
8. A Better World Through Sports?
Appendix 1: Vocabulary
Appendix 2: Irregular Verbs and Past Tense Forms
Appendix 3: Skills Index
Catalyst 2. Table of contents:
1. The Remittance Life
3. Bridging the Gap Through Athletics
4. Family Issues and Marriage
5. Stereotypes and the Stereotyped
6. The Process of Assimilation
7. Refugees: A Place to Call Home
8. American Values